Sunday, January 25, 2009

#335: Edmonds UWP, Jan 24 2009



This was my first dive with dry gloves, and I quickly realized I should have put these on my suit a LONG time ago! 68 minutes in 45ºF water, and my hands didn't get cold at all.

I had bought a set of RoLock rings back when I was diving a suit with latex seals (Apollo), but right after that I switched to a suit with neoprene seals (High Tide) and never installed the RoLocks. I don't think the RoLocks would work very well on neoprene seals, so I bit the bullet and bought a set of Diving Concepts (DC) rings.

I think the RoLock rings are superior because they twist on/off and provide a more positive connection, but the DC rings didn't leak, and that's what's important. They were also pretty easy to install on my suit. In use, I was amazed (and a little concerned) at how easily the DC rings snapped on. All in all, I had a great experience with them.

At the last minute, I decided to leave the camera in the Jeep so I would be better prepared to deal with any leaking or flooding if I had problems with the gloves. I wish I had taken it, though, because I could have gotten some shots of the HUGE ling and cabezon at this site.

No comments: